So here i am writing a bit about learning ‘R’. I’ve been so much in love with the software and thought it would be a great idea to share everything I know about it. Although it may not be much, I think this article can help anyone trying to start out with ‘R’. Here it goes..
- Installing ‘R’ and ‘RStudio’
Pretty much everything about installation and administration of R can be learnt from this webpage. But here are simple steps anyway.
- First update: ‘sudo apt-get update’ followed by ‘sudo apt-get install upgrade’
- To install a complete R system: sudo apt-get install r-base
- Inorder to compile R packages from source: sudo apt-get install r-base-dev
Mac OS X:
- The latest version of R can always be found here
- Double clicking on the .pkg file should begin the installation
In-order to install RStudio R must be installed first.
Latest version of the software suitable for your OS can be obtained here
And you are good to go.